Sunday, January 4, 2015

Upper entry before & after



This is the area directly over the entry way one floor below.

I wanted to find a light fixture for this space that looked good from beneath, straight-on and also from outside looking in. After searching for weeks, I finally got this one on a whim at Home Depot in the clearance section (on clearance for "slow moving" i.e. no one wanted it, how sad). It's modern with the lucite embellishments but also has a clean classic look that I thought wasn't too fussy and could blend well with my eclectic style of decor. So we kept it. Plus, my husband said there was no way he was taking it back down after holding it up with one arm while wiring it into the ceiling - that thing's not light. Well, it is light, but it's not not heavy.

Here's another (blurry) shot of the area, this time decorated for Christmas (and, oops, I see it now - before the trim was put on by Jim and my dad)!

No comments:

Post a Comment