Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dining nook before and after


In June last year (2014) we bought a fixer-upper home in Anchorage, Alaska. It has 3 bedrooms on two floors arranged in the very basic 1970's "split-entry" style. It needed a LOT of work. So for the first 2 months we owned it, we lived in a borrowed RV in the driveway while we demolished and gutted and sheetrocked, plumbed, did electrical work, painted, laid flooring and so forth. Someday I'll post photos of that chaos, but for now as we get closer to being finished, I'm excited to post Before & After photos!

The dining area is part of the upper level combined kitchen/living/dining area. Really, this area just got paint, flooring, new curtains and a beautiful woven wood veneer light fixture that I obsessed about finding for weeks. I finally bought it from an Etsy shop called Oaklamp. Oh, and a "new" set of 6 leather Crate & Barrel chairs I got for a screaming steal on Craigslist for $200. We keep the table pushed back unless we're having guests, then we pull it out. This space really needs a round table, but this works, too. I like the simplicity of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment